The cost of a funeral varies. Generally, there are four main costs:
The Professional Service Fee:
- 24 hour availability transfer of the deceased from place of death into our care.
- Provision of mortuary care.
- Provision of a church, chapel and/or advice on other suitable venues.
- Provision of a Hearse and/or Mourning Car if required.
- Attending to local, interstate and/or overseas newspaper notices.
- Advice on ‘Live Stream’ video link
- Attending to registration of the death.
- Making cemetery or crematorium arrangements.
- All necessary staff and vehicles, prior to, and on the day of the funeral.
- Liaising with florists, caterers, musicians, clergy or a civil celebrant and other.
- Provision of our funeral home for all arrangements, viewings and follow on assistance.
The cost of a coffin or casket:
Phillip Stephens Funerals can suggest a wide range of coffins and caskets. The cost depends on the construction quality, finish and style. Our range extends from simple particleboard and custom wood coffins through to highly finished solid timber caskets. We also offer eco coffins, which provide an environmentally responsible and friendly alternative to wooden coffins with an elegant appearance.
Charges relating to the cemetery or crematorium
All cemeteries, both country and regional are owned and operated independently and therefore the cost will vary. Talk to Phillip and Michelle about burial and cremation and the varying costs.
Out of Pocket Expenses
There maybe a range of out of pocket expenses that may be involved with a funeral. Typically some of these would be:
- Newspaper notices
- Floral arrangements
- Clergy/Celebrant Fees
- Church Fees
- and more
Please contact Phillip or Michelle
t: 6245 0544
f: 6245 0633
We will respond to your email within 24 hours, if you require a more prompt reply please call us, we are available 24 hours. Thank you.
Our funeral home is located at 25 Electra Place, Mornington 7018
Our Chapel is located at 28 Riawena Road, Rosny 7018